As the ice retreats from the easternmost shores of our lands and the black flies emerge from their winter slumber the good gentles of our fair East Kingdom meet again on this middle-ground in the Shire of Lyndhaven.
The fighters will unsheathe their swords, arrows will fly, and bards will compose ballads to stir hearts to defend their cause. It is not a simple boundary dispute that brings us together. No, this is the conflict that tears apart families, divides friends, and crosses all borders.
On this fine weekend in May we will see two forces clash to once and forever determine the winner of that most divisive issue of all.
My good lords and ladies, we invite you to MIDDLEGROUND VIII – CAKE versus PIE!
Which side will crumble, and which side will taste sweet victory?
War Points will be awarded for:
– heavy combat
– thrown weapons
– winner of the entry-level A&S cooking competition
– all teachers of scheduled classes in the schola
– best performer at bardic night
Additional activities include:
– swainmote (court) of the Royal Foresters Guild
– opening night Pas D'Arms tournament
- at least 1 royal round (archery) each day, plus challening themed shoots
- the event site is lakeside and the lake is considered "off site" however canoes and angling are allowed (anglers and paddlers must follow all provincial rules regarding their activity)